Tuesday, October 28

Weekend in Repentigny





This weekend  we went to mom and dad's in Repentigny, and we'll be going back on saturday. It was great. I was able to get some rest, at the same time as Carl in the same bed :) Wonderfull. I didn't have to cook or clean or even get up much as mom and dad did it all for us. Well, except for the breastfeeding.

Last night and the night before Bella had a crying fit that lasted about three hours. It seems as though she is having some very painfull gas. Poor thing, she looked so tired at the end and just passed out. I hope it is just something I ate and not colic. I really didn't want to use a soother but it truly did help yesterday. I'm going to keep track of what i'm eating to see if it has an effect on her tonight.


6 comments:

Wendy said...

Why didn't you want to use a soother? I remember I was the same, I vowed not to use one before B, then I gave it to her after the first week and I sure don't regret it. Some kids just need to suck and she was one, better that then her thumb (easier to take away), or to become a human pacifier ;)
Must have been nice to get the rest, although you are still extremely lucky to have a stay at home dad to do the cleaning and cooking ;) Mom and dad must have been so happy to have her over and over again next weekend... she'll be getting lots of cuddles thats for sure!

Melli said...

No soother to prevent nipple confusion as I was already having a difficult time. She wasn't sticking her tongue out properly and I was having a hard time latching her on well. A bottle or pacifier can make things worse since the sucking action is not the same as on the boob. But things are much better now with the breastfeeding, she's doing great. She latched on well yesterday even after the soother. It helped calm her down a bit but she still cried on and off for about 2 or 3 hours, the gas would come and go, poor little thing looked miserable :(

Wendy said...

Ty was like that the whole 3 weeks mom was over, when he was about 3 weeks old. He had bad colic, and that is when he started having jaundice as well. I hope for you that this is a fluke and that she isn't starting colics, they really suck!
I guess you are safe with the soother now though, you'll be so happy to be able to soothe her :)

Anonymous said...

I had a super weird trick for colic...Alex had is bad for about 2 months...I would breastfeed him in the shower..sounds crazy but the warmth, the water and the breast made it work for us...
Anabella is gorgeous...I can't wait to meet her...
Are you free tomorrow??? I am probably heading into town...I will e-mail you if I do!

Melli said...

i will be home feel free to come by

Kat said...

can she be more precious :) Love the pic of you and her.. Your Green eyes..green shirt and her green pjs...so perfect. Happy for you that the b-feeding is going better :) And Im sending some NO COLIC vibes your way :)