
Hi guys!
We are home, arrived on sunday afternoon after a very long wait to see the pediatrician so we could finally be discharged. We were ready to go at like 9 that morning but didn't get away until 2 o'clock!!
So far, being home is great and is going very well. Anabella is basically just eating and sleeping. She sleeps alot and doesn't cry for the moment unless she is hungry or dirty. Cross your fingers, knock on wood, or say a prayer that things keep on as they are.
I've had a little difficulty with the breastfeeding, being my first time and all, getting the whole latching in on thing is not that obvious for Anabella and I. But we're getting better which i'm getting less sore. However, when we finally do get latched together, she's a vigorous little eater.
My milk came in overnight and this morning she ate like a champ!
At the moment, I basically feed her and fall asleep with her on our super big and comfy recliner. If I put her down in her crib she stays asleep only 20 minutes before waking up and crying. She's a sucker for body contact :) I'm not complaining.
So, so far so good.Mommy and Daddy are enjoying staring, holding, kissing Anabella and being amazed at how wonderfull, adorable and precious she is.
I could not be happier!!
8 comments:
Congrats Mommy & Daddy! You guys look terrific and Anabella is sooooooo cute I could eat her! Im sending you positive vibes that all continues as is :)
If ever you need help or advice for the breastfeeding don't be shy, I went through my trials in the beginning too.
Enjoy every precious moment. Can't wait to meet her ;)
So pleased to here the latest news. She is sweet. YOu guys look great & Carl looks like a proud daddy. Take care & keep it up
Aunt Laurette
PS I can't help you about breast feeding LOL
Congratulations you two! I couldn't wait to hear how everything was going! Hang in there for the breastfeeding and please call or e-mail if ever you have any questions or concerns. My mom is post-natal CLSC nurse and I swear without her and all her encouragement I would have given up on breastfeeding with Kyle..but I continued for 10 months. The first two weeks are the toughest for the breastfeeding, then everything will be so much better!!
Anabella is gorgeous!!! Enjoy all the cuddles...I still get mine with Alex-he is a real snuggle bug. They grow up so fast!!!!
Congrats to the new mommy and daddy!! I hope to see you very soon.
xxx
Hey sweetheart, glad to hear that your milk finally came. Don't worry it will get easier as time goes by. And don't hesitate to ask for help !! See you soon.
Mom XXXX
I agree with the rest, the first few weeks of BF are awkward and tough, and hurt! You'll be a pro in no time!!
She is so so adorable. I think she already looks like your baby pics, all that hair and the little pucker!
Vous avez l'air si heureux! Je suis contente pour vous - je ne peux pas encore comprendre cette sorte d'amour mais ca me donne hate a mon tour! Pis la marraine a l'air tres a l'aise avec Anabella ;)
how is it going? ;)
Carl... i love that last pic...
peace seems to have struck a deal with the rocker boy!
sandy
Post a Comment