Wednesday, June 3

Pozsonyi Kisvendéglő (a.k.a Cheapo's)

On the day we visited Vaci street and went to the market, we had supper at Cheapo's. Now, for those who have not yet had the pleasure of eating there. Cheapo's is the name we gave to a small restaurant we found the first month we lived in our first appartment in Budapest. Back then it only had one floor and the English translations in the menu were quite interesting. Since then, Cheapo's has found it's way into some Travel Books as a great place to eat some good Hungarian food, large, enormous portions, good wine and beer and really good prices. A must if visiting Buda!



1- Ewe-cheese stuffed mushroom caps served with a mayonaise-based tartar sauce
2- Fried camembert served with a cranberry sauce

1- Chicken Kiev (chicken stuffed with a spicy butter) fried and topped with Trappista cheese
2- Hungarian Goulash

4 comments:

Gen & Ken said...

Oh my God! I miss it!

Anonymous said...

I gather the diet is out the window at this place. lol enjoy
Aunt L

Anonymous said...

Cheapo, cheapo, I must go next time I visit Buda !! Fried camembert humm delicious.
Mom XX

carl borman said...

moi ji retourne au moin une fois avant de partir....